Reply with quote #3
"Huffing" is dangerous, highly addictive, and deadly! I lost my son, age 36, on November 6, 2016, to huffing computer duster. My son had a double Engineering degree, he was the most intelligent, personable, likable, and witty person you would ever want to meet. He became addicted to huffing, after being addicted, and charged with possession of opiates, and sentenced to drug court. Huffing of duster is not detectable on a drug screen, so that became his new high. We made several "911" calls, and several trips to rehab, over a three year period, to no avail. The chemicals used in computer duster are just as addictive as OxyContin or heroin, and it can be purchased off the shelf of most any retail store for about $3.00 a can. Of coarse, most stores sell it in a double or triple pack for around $10.00, which works great for an addict, because they can't stop after just one can!! There needs to be more education and more awareness about this Russian Roulette can of poison that is available to anyone! There is a data base for those people who purchase certain cold medicine, to deter the production of meth, but duster KILLS, maybe even after the first "huff", and it can be bought in any quantity, by anyone!!
I highly recommend that you try and seek out help for inhalant abuse for your brother, it is so easily accessible and addictive, maybe more than any other drug. I believe it is becoming an epidemic, as I also have two friends, who have lost their sons this year, to huffing of duster. My prayers are with you!